Finding jobs for ex felons can be a job in itself. Whether you have a criminal record or not, learn the 7 tips that will surely increase your chances of getting hired and end your job search.
1. Networking – find the time to talk to relatives, friends, old classmates, teachers, former co-workers, neighbors and other people whom you know. During these conversations make them aware of your current situation and ask for their advice about your job search.
2. Organize your schedule and list all job contacts – if you apply for a lot of jobs then you will have a problem remembering all of your contacts. Create a list of names, addresses and phone numbers. Have an appointment notebook or a list of things to do everyday so that you don’t forget anything important
3. Do not procrastinate – follow up leads right away. Putting it off until tomorrow or the day after that may mean that the job will no longer be available.
4. Research – before going for an interview, try to research everything you can about your potential employer. Visit their company website and read the news about them. Do your best to remain current on all the news, issues and developments in your field. Employers will be impressed if you can demonstrate that you know about the current industry events.
5. Learn how to talk about yourself – this may not come naturally to everyone so be prepared before going to an interview. List down your skills, strengths and accomplishments. Practice speaking about yourself with a friend. Remember that a job interview means selling yourself to an employer so be specific about your skills and talents.
6. Targeted cover letter and resume – never use a generic cover letter when applying for a job. If the job is worth applying for then it is worth writing a targeted cover letter and resume for.
7. Be patient – chances are that you won’t get accepted the first time you apply. Focus on your goal and don’t get discouraged. You will find something if you stay positive and keep moving forward.
Jobs for ex felons are out there but it may take a little extra effort to find them. Incorporating these tips can help put an end to your job search. Whether you have a criminal record or not, these simple tips can open the door to your next job and get you hired.
And now I’d like to offer a Free Report on the Top 10 Jobs for Felons, just click here: Jobs for Felons
I specialize in finding jobs for felons and ex convicts as I feel everyone deserves a second chance. The tips and tools offered will better the chances of anyone getting hired, whether you have a criminal record or not. Check out these Free Tips and let me know what you think.